If you are a constant victim of excessive sleepiness and neither coffee nor energy drinks are working for you, then you are probably suffering from a sleep disorder. Sleep deprival is a common side effect in the process of coping up with today’s competition.It is not surprising that there’s a chance of falling prey to such disorders as a result of workload pressure. But it is quite detrimental to brain health at the same time. Keeping this view in mind, smart drugs like Modafinil have come up. These are modern-day smart drugs which are clinically approved and are available in registered medical stores. You can also avail Modafinil online from any online pharmacy of your choice.
Modafinil: The King of All Smart Drugs
Modafinil, which is crowned as the king of all smart drugs, is a wakefulness-promoting agent. Discovered by Lafon Laboratories in France, it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the year 1998. This smart drug is also the first safe smart drug as stated by the FDA.
Through its energy promoting effects, it can help clear brain fogginess and ensure a clarity of mind. Users consider it as a safer alternative to psychoactive compounds present in coffee and carbonated drinks. In fact, Modafinil does not come with any jitters or severe health risks. It only promotes wakefulness by altering the actions of certain neurotransmitters in the central nervous system.
Modafinil smart drug is currently approved for the treatment of sleep disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work-related disorders. By altering the actions of certain neurotransmitters like dopamine, it can help promote wakefulness and energy in people with such disorders.
Apart from that, this medication also comes with certain cognitive benefits that make it so popular among the masses. These are known as off-label benefits of Modafinil.
• It can fight off excess fatigue even after you have undergone a daily quest of work.
• With this medication, you feel more alert and vigilant about your surroundings.
• This smart drug can elevate mood and fight off stress and anxiety.
• It also has the potential to increase your memory power and enhance your IQ.
In most cases, this drug has also improved the symptoms of the attention deficit hyperactive disorder and chronic depression.
This medication is also reported to have improved jet lag conditions in most cases, but the Food and Drug Administration has not yet given approval for its use in such cases.
Modafinil can target the entire central nervous system as a whole. By altering the actions of certain neurotransmitters like dopamine, it can help promote wakefulness and energy. It basically helps inhibit the reuptake of dopamine into the nerves and increase its availability in the nucleus accumbens of the brain.
This mechanism can activate the brain pathways associated with motivation behavior and also, mood elevation. For instance, this smart drug can increase the levels of serotonin in the frontal cortex of the brain. Also, Modafinil is seen to trigger the action of norepinephrine in the hypothalamus and ventrolateral preoptic nucleus, causing a boost in the level of activeness of the individual.
What should I know before taking Modafinil?
• Let your doctor know if you have any other health condition relating to cardiovascular disorders, hepatic problems, metabolic issues or renal impairments.
• If you have any past or present mental health issue, it is advised to avoid this smart drug.
• Also, if you are taking other medication such as anti-fungal drugs, antibiotics, high blood pressure medications, muscle relaxers, medicines containing nitrates, and the like, then you must disclose the same to your doctor.
• Avoid the consumption of alcohol and other depressants which might deter the effectiveness of this medication.
• There are also possibilities of allergic reactions to this medication if you have an allergy to certain drugs or their components.
• Do not take this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. This medication might not be suitable for the mother and her child under such vulnerable conditions.
• Keep this medication away from children and teenagers under the age of 18 years as there are no clear results of its use in children.