A Brief On Erectile Dysfunction:
Around half a million men suffer from erectile dysfunction across the globe. It is a male-only health condition which affects one's sexual health. In this condition, there is a difficulty to achieve a proper erection required for a physical intercourse. This condition is also known as Impotence. It can occur as a result of a number of physical and psychological health conditions. It is advisable that you consult with a trusted doctor immediately if you frequently come across any of the following symptoms-
1. Frequent inability to obtain a firm erection
2. Inability to maintain the erection long enough
3. Lack of any desire for sexual activity
With the advent of medical research, a number of treatments have come up with this debilitating condition. Although surgeries and use of external devices are possible, the prescription of oral ED pills has flourished. Levitra is one such oral prescription medication which is used in the treatment of Impotence. You can find Levitra online at any online pharmacy of your choice. Since it is an oral prescription medication, it is advised to avail it only from a trusted store after the approval of a doctor.
Let us find out what this medication does to treat Impotence.
What Does Levitra do?
Levitra is a brand name for Vardenafil. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction as it helps increase the blood flow to the erectile issue. It is an effective ED pill which works similar to other ED pills but at a much lower dose.
In men with erectile dysfunction, there is a decreased blood flow to the penile nerve responsible for an erection. This is because of the presence of PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) enzyme that can degrade the cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate) molecule and inhibit it from facilitating blood flow.
Levitra is a PDE5 inhibitor and so, it stops the enzyme from deterring the functions of cGMP. This way, it helps facilitate cGMP to relax the muscles around the blood vessels. The flows freely to the erectile tissue called corpus cavernosum and hence cause an erection.
How to take Levitra?
The effective dose for Levitra will depend on your health condition and age. So, make sure that you have your doctor’s approval and supervision for taking this medication.
Certain guidelines for using this ED pill can be as follows-
• People who are using it for the first time should start with a lower dose depending on their health condition and tolerance. The ideally recommended dose is 10 mg, which has a half-life of 4-6 hours.
• You can take this medication approximately one hour before any sexual activity.
• Also, there is no restriction on food intake while on this medication. You can take it with or without food.
• Avoid the consumption of alcohol with this medicine as it can dull the effects of the PDE5 inhibitor.
• Also, make sure to avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking Levitra.
Levitra Drug Interactions:
If you are taking any of the following medications, make sure to let your doctor know about the same so as to avoid possible drug interactions. These are-
• Medicines containing nitrates
• Selected protease inhibitors
• Nitroglycerin tablets
• Certain anti-seizure drugs
• Other PDE5 inhibitors like Sildenafil and Tadalafil
For avoiding such interactions, make sure to take the necessary precautions as advised by your doctor. Following your doctor’s instructions for effective dosing becomes absolutely necessary in such conditions.