As the central processing unit, our brain plays an important role in our sleep and wake cycle. But as we get caught up in the rat race of the 21st century, we hardly get any time to take rest; let alone- sleep.
This inhibits the brain from shedding the excess toxins and dead cells, resulting in its poor functioning. The body feels fatigued and the need arises to dose on huge amounts of coffee and carbonated drinks. This, however, deteriorates the brain health further.
Smart drugs are effective bio-hacking tricks which have few or no side effects as such. They can, in fact, provide numerous cognitive benefits. With the increasing developments in medical research on smart drugs, Armodafinil was discovered that revolutionized the field of nootropics.
It was the successor to Modafinil as it came with an improved chemical formula.
Let us find out what this smart pill is about.
Armodafinil is an oral prescription smart drug that helps promote wakefulness. This smart pill can be beneficial for those who are suffering from sleep disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work-related disorders.
Modafinil has both the R and S enantiomer whereby the S-enantiomer has a relatively small half-life. Armodafinil is a more purified version of Modafinil in the sense that it has only the R-enantiomer of its predecessor. And therefore, it also comes with fewer side effects as compared to its predecessor.
Note that this medication does not treat the underlying causes of the sleep disorder. It is just an aid that helps promote wakefulness in such subjects. For instance, CPAP treatment for sleep apnea can be continued along with Armodafinil to treat this sleep disorder.
How should you take Armodafinil?
It is always advised to dose on smart medications as per the instructions of a qualified healthcare professional only. The dosage will be determined by your age, health condition and tolerance for the medication.
Also, it will be determined by your cognitive response to the drug as well.
The general guidelines for taking this medication are-
• The ideally recommended dose for this smart drug is 150 mg.
• People suffering from narcolepsy and sleep apnea can take this dose once in the early morning.
• Those suffering from shift work disorders can take this dose 1 hour prior to their shift work.
• You can decrease the dose to 100 mg or increase it to 250 mg as per your requirement. But make sure to get a prior approval from your doctor regarding this.
• Never overdose on smart medications as they can be habit-forming.
• Avoid the consumption of alcohol while on this medication so as to avoid unwanted interactions.
With the advent of technology, you can easily find Armodafinil online on any registered online pharmacy of your choice. Make sure that you have a proper prescription from your doctor for using this smart pill.
Important Safety Information for taking Armodafinil:
• Let your doctor know if you have a medical history relating to psychiatric disorders, cardiac problems, metabolic problems, liver or renal impairments, stomach ulcers, etc. Under such health conditions, Armodafinil might not be suitable or safe to take.
• Sometimes, these medications can cause serious allergic reactions in the body. So if you are allergic to certain medications, let your doctor know beforehand.
• Do not take this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It can harm the baby or the mother herself under such circumstances.
• Moreover, avoid the consumption of alcohol or any such depressants while on this medication. Alcohol can dull the effects of the drug or might cause severe side effects such as nausea, vomiting, internal bleeding, etc.
• Keep this medication away from children and young adults under the age of 16 years. There are no well-established results of using these medications on children.
• Store this medication at a room temperature away from heat and moisture. Do not store or use expired medicines.
Disclaimer: The information provided in the blog post might not be 100% accurate. It is meant for medical purpose only and not for any recreational use of smart drugs.