Levitra belongs to the class of medicines known as PDE- 5 inhibitors. The drug from this category treats the erectile dysfunction or male impotence. The generic name of Levitra is Vardenafil. The drug works by increasing the flow of blood in the penile nerve, as a result, causing an erection. The other competitors of Levitra are Viagra and Cialis.
How does the ED pill works?
Levitra is a PDE5 inhibitor which works by relaxing the patient’s arteries and helps to enhance the blood to the penis once a person is sexually stimulated. Now, without sexual stimulation, the ED pill itself will fail to achieve an erection. So for a proper sexually intercourse by taking an ED pill it is very much important to be sexually excited. All the ED pills work under the same principle before the pill starts working; you must develop the desire of having an intercourse.
Before you start dosing the medicine, it is advisable to take the doctor’s advice and follow the prescription. Here are the basic guidelines as to how you can dose the medicine-
• The recommended dose of the ED pill is 10 mg per day
• The available dosages of the ED pill are- 10mg, 20 mg, 40 mg and 60 mg
• You can take the pill between 20 minutes to, 60 minutes before sexual intercourse
• Can take it with food or without food
• Avoid drinking alcohol with the medicine as this may have adverse effects
• When you take medicine, do not take it after consuming a high-fat content food
For how long does the pill work?
After Levitra gets dissolved in your body, it begins to work in 15 minutes. If you take the pill properly as it is prescribed, you will be benefitted with the effect of the pill. The effect of the ED pill lasts for four hours in your system.
Tell your doctor about this
Before using the Levitra, these are the certain thing that you should tell your doctor in order to make the best use of the medicine-
• A physical deformity of penis
• Liver or kidney problems
• History of heart problem
• Blood pressure fluctuation
• Having QT syndrome
• If you are advised not to indulge in any sexual activity
• Vision problem
• Hearing problem
Some common side effects
The common ill effects of the ED pill includes-
• Vision changes;
• Ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss;
• Shortness of breath;
• A light-headed feeling, like you, might pass out;
• Penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours
• Seizure (convulsions).
• Heart attack symptom
• Nausea, sweating;
• Irregular heartbeat;
• Swelling of your hands, ankles, or feet;