Tramadol is a synthetic pain reliever. The working mechanism of Tramadol is similar to the morphine although it is still not revealed by any doctors. It binds the interceptors that are responsible in transmitting sensation signals to the brain. It is not a NASID ( Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) so it doesn’t have the chances of increased stomach ulcers and internal bleeding due to NASID. Tramadol is sold under the brand name of “ULTRAM”. It gives instant pain relief from any severe pain.
Uses of Tramadol
Tramadol is used for moderate to moderately severe pain. It is to be used for the person who is above 18 years of age. It is helpful for acute as well as chronic pain. It gives instant pain relief, works in the pain and gives quick relief from pain.
Side Effects of Tramadol
Tramadol have both common and rare side effects. Some of the common side effects are:
Serious side effects are to be consult with doctor as soon as you possible. Some of the serious side effects are:
· Skin rashes
· Sudden hearing loss
· Blurred vision
· Dry mouth
Is Tramadol a Narcotic?
Tramadol is a narcotic and abusive to an extent. Abuse and misuse of the medication can lead to death. Person who takes Tramadol for a longer period can have withdrawal symptoms if the medication is suddenly stopped. Some of the withdrawal symptoms are:
- Muscle Pain
- Weight loss
- Increased blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat
Precautions & Warnings
Some of the points that are to be kept in mind in order to reduce the chances of side effects. The precautions and the warnings are for the proper use of the medication. Points to be kept in mind are:
- Person with a breathing problem should avoid Tramadol
- Don’t interact alcohol with Tramadol, it can lead to death of the person
- Don’t take Tramadol by breaking and inhaling the power.
- Tramadol shouldn’t be use for recreational purpose.
- Pregnant women should avoid Tramadol, as it can affect the unborn baby.
- Breast feeding women should not take Tramadol as it can get mixed with the milk.
- Person who is under 18 years shouldn’t use Tramadol
- Person with a history of heart attack must avoid Tramadol as it increases the heartbeat.